Grant Application Instructions
Please refer to the 2018 Grant Guidelines for more details. Partnership grants of 3 years, based on committee review, will be offered to both CNP and HHS agencies, as well as annual grant funding.
Both Community Non-Profits (CNP) and Health and Human Services (HHS) will be using the same application. HHS agencies requesting City of Aspen HHS funding will complete page two of the grant application.
**Both forms are Microsoft Word. Please make sure to download and save as before entering information.**
Submitting the Application
Applicants are required to submit two (2) copies of the application with all appendices. One copy will be submitted electronically with the appendices attached to email@example.com. Please mail (postmarked so that it arrives by August 1st) or drop off the second printed copy with all the appendices to:
Healthy Community Fund
0405 Castle Creek Road
The deadline for applications is July 31, 2017 at 4 p.m.
Application Evaluation Process
2018 Grant Applications are due to Pitkin County on July 31, 2017 for 2018 grant funding. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
Staff will screen each application for completeness. Accepted applications will be forwarded to the Citizen Grant Review Committee (CGRC), a board appointed volunteer citizen group.
The CGRC mission is to make funding recommendations to the Board that reflect the intention of the November 2011 ballot question, which renewed and increased a special health & human services and community non-profit fund with property tax dollars.
The Citizen Grant Review Committee scores each application, based on the following criteria:
- Application is complete, clear and concise
- Fulfills the intent of the ballot language
- Services address essential community need
- Serves people who live and/or work in Pitkin County
- Does not duplicate existing services or programs
- Collaborates and partners with other agencies
- Clearly demonstrates an appropriate need for public funding
- Demonstrates financial stability and presents accurate budgets and financial reports
- If request exceeds $10,000, presents an outcomes-based performance plan (performance measures)
- Identifies other funding partners
- Agency has a track record of successful service
2018 Grant Cycle
|June 1||2018 grant applications available|
| July 31
||2018 grant applications due|
|September / October||Grant application review|
| October / November
|| Funding recommendations presented to the Board of County Commissioners
|December||Pitkin County budget approved|
|January||Grant contracts signed|
|January 31||Year-end performance measure reports due|
|By March 31||Grant checks mailed|