COVID-19: Pitkin County
- Community Resources, Events & Daily Updates
- Public Health Orders & Updates
- Track Symptoms & View Dashboards
- COVID-19 Testing & Guidance
- Financial Relief & Resources
5/24: State Grants Pitkin County Variance to Governor’s Safer at Home Order
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) today granted Pitkin County a The Pitkin County Commissioners had applied for the variance to be able to follow the ., based on local data about the spread and impacts of COVID-19. The variance will allow Pitkin County to implement Phase 2 of the Roadmap. If Pitkin County exceeds 18 new cases in one week, excluding outbreak-associated cases in a senior care center, the variance will be rescinded.
Click the image to watch the recap from 5/21!
Pitkin County Public Health Orders & Updates
*If you have any questions about the Public Health Order please email businessliaison@pitkincounty.
Click here for a printable version of the Roadmap (subject to change)
- May 18, 2020 - Pitkin County Public Health Variance Request to CDPHE
- April 30, 2020 -
- April 23, 2020 - Changes on the 4/3 Public Health Order / (Orden de Salud Publica)
- April 3, 2020 - Public Health Order (Orden de Salud Publica)
- March 23, 2020 - Public Health Order (Orden de Salud Publica)
- March 18, 2020 - Public Health Order (Restricts groups and events to less than 10 people)
- March 13, 2020 - Public Health Order (Restricts groups and events to less than 50 people)
Aspen to Parachute Community Hotline
Pitkin County COVID-19 Symptoms Tracker
New! Reported Symptoms Tracker Dashboard
**Complete our survey if you are currently (or have recently) experienced symptoms.**
This information will help us gain greater clarity on the types of symptoms experienced by our community and areas of impact. This will also help us align response resources in Pitkin County and evaluate strategies to decrease the spread of illness.
Esta información nos ayudara a obtener mas claridad sobre los tipos de síntomas experimentados por nuestra comunidad y las áreas de impacto. Esto también nos ayudara a alinear los recursos de respuesta en el Condado Pitkin para disminuir la propagación de la enfermedad.
Pitkin County COVID-19 Emotional Check In
New! Emotional Check In Dashboard
**This survey is open to anyone who would like to share feedback on their feelings during this time.**
Please consider filling out the forms below | Por favor considere llenas los formularios a continuación.
As humans, we yearn for personal connections, but Social Distancing is the only way to beat COVID-19. That doesn’t mean you have to socially isolate though! Complete our Emotional Check-In to share what’s on your mind and to recognize your thoughts and feelings.
Como humanos, anhelamos las conexiones personales, pero el distanciamiento social es la única forma de vencer al COVID-19. Sin embargo, eso no significa que debes aislarte socialmente. Llena nuestro Registro de Emociones para compartir lo que esta en tu mente y reconocer lo tus pensamientos y sentimientos.
ASPEN VALLEY HOSPITAL IS TESTING FOR COVID-19
As part of Pitkin County Public Health’s transition to a “Box It In” strategy to contain COVID-19 and slowly ease into reopening the community, Aspen Valley Hospital is partnering with Public Health to expand COVID-19 testing in our community.
How does it work?
- A physician referral is required. Testing will not be done on a walk-in basis.
- If you have a local doctor, call your doctor for a referral. If you do not have a local doctor, please call Aspen Valley Primary Care at 970-279-4111 to be tested. If you are from out of town, please contact your PCP for a referral which can be faxed to 970-544-1589 - AVH Scheduling.
- We have opened and expanded testing to residents, second home owners and visitors. If you live in Garfield County, please navigate to their website for testing guidance.
- All testing is done at Aspen Valley Hospital.
- Hours of operation for community testing is Monday – Friday, 12 noon – 4 pm. If you need to be tested over the weekend, please contact Aspen Valley Primary Care at 970-279-4111. Hours are 12 noon - 4 pm.
- If you do not have health insurance, we will work with you. If you do have insurance, please show your insurance card. You WILL NOT have an out of pocket expense.
One (1) of the following: Fever 100.4 or more, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell
Two (2) of the following: Fatigue, body aches, headache, sore throat, chills, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, loss of appetite.
Respiratory Evaluation Tent
Our Respiratory Evaluation Tent is still open for a doctor visit for patients whose symptoms have progressed and have difficulty managing symptoms at home. The tent is open to patients seven days a week: 12 noon – 4pm. Again, please call your primary care physician for further evaluation, or if you do not have a primary care physician, please call Aspen Valley Primary Care at 970-279-4111.
Take the necessary safety precautions to prevent the spread!
Know what to do if you are sick and suspect it is COVID-19 or if you may have been in close contact with someone who is sick.
Sepa que hacer si está enfermo(a) y sospecha que tiene COVID-19 o si pudo haber estado en contacto cercano con alguien que si este enfermo.
If you have developed a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, please call your Healthcare Provider for medical advice.
Si tienes fiebre, tos y/o falta de aire, por favor llama a tu proveedor de atención médica para un asesoramiento.
Preparedness and Planning
Do you know how to properly clean and disinfect your home? Click here to find out more!
Pitkin County Residents should remain prepared for the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in our community. Visit the CDC pages below to learn more on preparing your household, community, or organization.
Los residentes del Condado de Pitkin deben permanecer preparados para el brote continuo de COVID-19 en nuestra comunidad. Visita las paginas de la CDC a continuación para obtener mas información sobre como preparar tu hogar, comunidad u organización.
Pitkin County - COVID-19 Relief Programs
Click on Image below to access ACF Aspen to Parachute COVID Response website
CARES Act Unemployment Benefit Applications Now Available
The State of Colorado is now taking This includes gig workers, independent contractors, self-employed and those who are out of work directly related to COVID-19 including caring for a child whose school is closed or someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
Visit the Employer and Business Resources page for updates related to PPP and SBA programs.
FEDERAL COVID-19 ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS
PITKIN COUNTY HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
The Schultz Health and Human Services Building is closed and by appointment only. A number of organizations are operating offsite and available by phone, including:
El edificio Schultz de Servicios Humanitarios y de Salud está cerrado. Ciertas organizaciones no se encuentran operando desde este edificio pero están disponibles vía telefónica, estas son:
- Mind Springs Health – (970) 920-5555 - providing virtual mental health support
- Recovery Resources – (970) 379-0955 - providing drug testing/detox/pre-trial and DUI
- Aspen Homeless Shelter - (970) 925-1342 - providing day center and night shelter for homeless
- Community Health Services – (970) 920-5420 -providing Public Health nursing virtually.