Pitkin County Housing Stability Coalition
The Pitkin County Housing Stability Coalition is focused to plan an end to homelessness!
The participation and input of more than 200 members of the community, including individuals who have experienced homelessness and those who regularly work directly with individuals experiencing homelessness, contributed to the development of the goals, principles, recommendations, and strategies in this Action Plan to End Homelessness.
Vision: A County free from homelessness where everyone has a place to call home and the support they need to keep it.
Mission: To End Veteran and Chronic Homelessness in Pitkin County; to be on a path to end all Homelessness.
Goals Within Reach
- Short Term
- Expand case management and mental health access
- Create a "rapid rehousing" program
- Long Term
- Provide dedicated 24-hour emergency shelter
- End Veteran Homelessness by 2022
- End Chronic Homelessness by 2025
Explore local community resources including trainings and webinars, meetings minutes and more!
Webinars & Trainings
- June 2021: Housing First De-escalation & Safety
- May 2021: Hud Reporting Requirements
- April 2021: Harm Reduction/Setting Expectation for Client Functionality
- March 2021: Trauma Informed Care
- February 2021: Best Practice Continuum of Care and Coordinated Case Management
- January 2021: From Tents to Rents
- May 2021: Homelessness 101-English
- May 2021: Homelessness 101-Spanish
- June 2021: Best Practices-English
- June 2021: Best Practices-Spanish
- June 2021: Organizing the Unhoused/Housing continuum of issues and solutions
Resources & Meeting Minutes
- Housing Stability Coalition Meeting Minutes
- Homeless Definitions by Category
- Other Resources
CDC Moratorium Information: Update (June 2021)
On September 4, 2020, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control issued a national moratorium on most evictions for nonpayment of rent. The moratorium has been extended to July 31, 2021. Learn more:
- CDC Moratorium Information Page
News & Important Information
- Aspen Times: Kudos & Kindness Honoring Stranahan's Legacy Helping Homeless
- Aspen Daily News: Money Flowing to Pitkin County From Feds to Help with Homeless Issues
- Aspen Times: GarCo Proceeds with Bid to Cleanup Glenwood Homeless Camps
- Aspen Times: De-escalation Training to Help Those Experiencing Homelessness
- Denver Post: Colorado Racing to Push Rental Assistance Funds
- Denver Post: Church to Offer Overnight Parking for Those Living in Cars
- Aspen Daily News: Concept For Multi Location Campus to Assist Homeless People Floated