General Information

  • Colorado liquor licenses are issued by 2 licensing authorities:
    • State of Colorado Liquor Enforcement
    • City or county jurisdiction where the establishment is located
    If the establishment is within a city jurisdiction (e.g. Aspen, Snowmass Village, or Basalt), contact the appropriate City Clerk's Office. If the establishment is outside city limits, contact the Pitkin County Clerk's Office. Licenses may take several months to acquire and therefore, one must begin the licensing process months in advance of the opening date.
  • Colorado liquor and beer licenses may be issued in the name of natural persons, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Applicants and other persons involved with partnerships, corporations or limited liability companies must be at least 21 years of age.
  • All limited liability companies and corporations (including foreign corporations and LLCs) are required to be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State's Office and authorized to do business in Colorado.
  • Applicants do not have to be a United States citizen or a Colorado resident to acquire a liquor license.