Food Safety

Retail Food Licensing

State of Colorado CDPHE will now be providing all Retail Food Establishment licensing, inspections, complaints, and special event reviews. 

If you need any information regarding special event licensing, opening a new restaurant, foodborne illness complaints, etc. please contact: or call (303) 692-3645, option #1 for the retail food team.

If you do not receive a response from CDPHE within 24 hours please let our department know that you did not receive the service you requested on a timely basis. Pitkin County Environmental Health:

Foodborne Illness Complaint

If you have a foodborne illness complaint for Pitkin County, please complete our online form here.