Motor Vehicle Resources
530 E Main St, Suite 104
Aspen, CO 81611
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. closed 12:30-1:30 for lunch
Tuesday February 16th Motor Vehicles will be open to in person transactions by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
When scheduling an appointment please note the confirmed time and DATE. Driver licenses are NOT at this office, please contact the Glenwood Springs office 970-945-8229.
RENEWALS will only be processed ONLINE, VIA MAIL,
or DROP BOX.
Skip the trip renew online! *Due to COVID-19 related shutdowns/reductions there is a significant delay in online mailing operations. The following forms may be required to complete your transaction.
- Application For Title and/or Registration DR 2395 (PDF)
- Secure and Verifiable Identification DR 2842 (PDF)
- Statement of Fact DR 2444 (PDF)
- Bill of Sale (PDF)
- Power of Attorney for Motor Vehicle Only DR2175 (PDF)
- Other Official DMV Forms
Method of Payment
Cash, check and credit cards (Visa, Master Card
Renew RegistrationIF renewing a vehicle for someone else, ONE of the following is required by law:
Renewal card, old registration, title or copy of the title and NO CHANGES can be made to the account without a Power of Attorney (POA). Any address changes can be done online if there is no POA available.
- Renew by Mail or Dropbox
- Renew Online *Due to COVID-19 related shutdowns/reductions there is a significant delay in online mailing operations.
New Colorado Law Increased Motor Vehicle Fees
- Late Fee Registration Fine Effective June 1st, 2009 (mandatory $25 fine, up to $100)
- Registration Fees Increase July 1st, 2009
- New Increased Law Fee - Press Release (PDF)
Registering Your Car/Motorcycle
- Renew online *Due to COVID-19 related shutdowns/reductions there is a significant delay in online mailing operations.
- Buying a vehicle
- Selling a vehicle
Out-of-statevehicle requiring Colorado registration and title
- Renewals (by mail or drop box)
- Sales tax
- License plate descriptions