Motor Vehicle Resources
530 E Main St, Suite 104
Aspen, CO 81611
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Skip the trip renew online. ONLINE Services will be UNAVAILABLE Sept 28-29th for a Division of Motor Vehicles system upgrade.
Method of Payment
Cash, check and credit cards (Visa, Master Card
Vehicle Registration Cards
New cards do not have a blue address label! See the notice for more information.
IF renewing a vehicle for someone else, ONE of the following is required by law:
Renewal card, old registration, title or copy of the title and NO CHANGES can be made to the account without a POA. Any address changes can be done online if there is no POA available.
You can renew your vehicle registration online!
New Colorado Law Increased Motor Vehicle Fees
- Late Fee Registration Fine Effective June 1st, 2009 (mandatory $25 fine, up to $100)
- Registration Fees Increase July 1st, 2009
- New Increased Law Fee - Press Release
Registering Your Car/Motor Cycle
- Renew online
- Buying a vehicle
- Selling a vehicle
Out-of-statevehicle requiring Colorado registration and title
- Renewals (by mail or in person)
- Fees and estimhttp://pitkincounty.com/DocumentCenter/View/9902ates
- Sales tax
- License plate descriptions
Disabled & Temporary Tags
Bonding, Lost Registrations or Title
Miscellaneous Information & Agency Contacts
- General phone Clerk and Recorder #970-920-5180
- Homemade trailers
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- Garfield County Clerk and Recorder
- Eagle County Clerk and Recorder
- Local Driver's License Office (Glenwood Springs)
- State driver's license information