Work release is currently open as of June 22, 2022. Please follow directions for applying to be accepted into the work release program.
Work Release at the Pitkin County Jail
According to our classification guidelines, a sentenced person eligible for Work Release includes 2 categories. Those sentenced by the courts to the work release program and those inmates who are granted work release status after initial incarceration in the jail's general population.
Due to our facility constraints, we are operating our work release for males and females separately and therefore have set up a schedule as follows. Please ensure when applying that you will be able to complete your sentence during the time we have set up.
Males - June 22 through October 31, 2022
Females - November 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023
Males - March 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023
Females - July 1, 2023 through October 31, 2023
Persons sentenced by the courts to the work release program will call the jail in advance to make arrangements with Deputy Martin Gonzalez or Deputy Ricardo Ledesma for an interview at 970-429-6174 for eligibility into the Work Release program. A packet including rules and regulations and an employer letter for work information will be given at that interview.
A short synopsis of rules for work release:
Prior to approval for work release in Pitkin County, the following must be completed:
- Sentencing orders must contain the wording "Work Release authorized".
- Other County/State sentencing orders must say "Work Release authorized in Pitkin County". We do not accept straight time or UPS release sentences from other counties/states.
- Come to the jail for a copy of the rules and regulations and an employee letter.
- Work release applicants must inform the potential employer that they are in jail.
- An interview must be scheduled 14 or more days prior to reporting to jail. Call 970-429-6174.
$50 / day for a Pitkin sentence.
$70 / day for sentences out of county or state; 1/2 of total payment up front and full payment due halfway through sentence.
Time Sheet & Schedules
Time sheets for work are to be faxed by the employer every Friday to the Jail. Changes in work schedules must be submitted for approval. A request form may be submitted for special times other than work and mandated court activities (AA, IOP, UPS) will be accepted / rejected on a case by case basis.
Upon arrival at the jail, you will be required to provide a urine sample as a baseline screen for drugs or alcohol and subject to random urine analysis (UA) throughout your stay. A portable breath test (PBT) will be required on a daily basis.
- Alcohol / Marijuana/ Illegal Drugs
- Cardboard Boxes
- Cell Phones
- Clock Radios
- Computers / Laptops
- DVD players & Video Games
- Extension Cords @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Over the Counter Medications or Prescription Medications (without prior approval of Jail Nurse
- Speakers of Any Kind
- Tobacco Products
- Weapons (knives, tools, etc) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>