MissionTo provide, to all of our customers, prompt and accurate financial services, information and planning in a fiscally responsible manner.
The Finance Department is responsible for accounting and reporting, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable, grant administration, financial compliance, and internal accounting controls.
The department coordinates the development of the county budget and financial projections. Oversees the appropriations process.
2019 Budget Process Documents
- County Manager's Budget Message
- Proposed 2019 Budget Overview Presentation 10-9-18
- Flourishing Natural & Build Environment Budget Presentation 10-23-18
- Livable & Supportive Community Budget Presentation 11-8-18
- Healthy Community Fund Grant Review Committee 11-13-18
- District Attorney Budget 11-13-18
- Prosperous Economy Budget Presentation 11-29-18
- Ambulance District Budget 12-4-18
- 2019 Budget Wrap Up and Review Presentation 12-4-18
- 2019 Budget Resolutions and Mill Levy Certification 12-11-18
2018 Pitkin County Budget
2017 Pitkin County Budget
Budgets from Previous Years
The Pitkin County Finance Department coordinates the collection of the county's 0.5% (one half of one percent) use tax on construction and building material. Anyone doing construction and building work in Pitkin County can obtain a Use Tax Certificate and must pay a Use Tax Deposit. The Finance Department issues County Use Tax Certificates records county use tax returns and performs administrative and enforcement/audit functions.