Grant Application Instructions
Please refer to the 2020 Grant Guidelines for more details. Partnership grants of 3 years, based on committee review, will be offered to both CNP and HHS agencies, as well as annual grant funding.
Both Community Non-Profits (CNP) and Health and Human Services (HHS) will be using the same application. HHS agencies requesting City of Aspen HHS funding will complete the last page of the grant application OR Mid-Year Report.
**IMPORTANT: Please make sure to download and save as before entering information.**
Submitting the Application
Applicants are required to submit two (2) copies of the application with all appendices. One copy will be submitted electronically with the appendices attached to email@example.com. Please mail (postmarked so that it arrives by August 5th) or drop off the second printed copy with all the appendices to:
Healthy Community Fund
0405 Castle Creek Road
Aspen, CO 81611
The deadline for 2020 applications is August 5, 2019, at 4:00 PM.
Application Evaluation Process
Staff will screen each application for completeness. Accepted applications will be forwarded to the Citizen Grant Review Committee (CGRC), a board appointed volunteer citizen group.
The CGRC mission is to make funding recommendations to the Board that reflect the intention of the November 2018 ballot question, which renewed and increased a special health & human services and community non-profit fund with property tax dollars.
The Citizen Grant Review Committee scores each application, based on the following criteria:
- Application is complete, clear and concise. **Consider using a program to check grammar and spelling.
- Fulfills the intent of the ballot language and a Community Goal
- Services address essential community need
- Serves people who live and/or work in Pitkin County
- Does not duplicate existing services or programs
- Collaborates and partners with other agencies
- Clearly demonstrates an appropriate need for public funding
- Demonstrates financial stability and presents accurate budgets and financial reports
- If request exceeds $10,000, identifies an outcomes-based performance plan (performance measures)
- Identifies other funding partners
- Agency has a track record of successful service
2020 Grant Cycle
|June 1||2020 Grant Application & Mid-Year Report Available Online|
||2020 Grant Application & Mid-Year Report Due|
|September / October||Grant Application Review|
|October / November
||Funding recommendations presented to the Board of County Commissioners
|December||Pitkin County budget approved|
|January||Grant contracts signed|
|January 31||Year-end performance measure reports due|
|By March 31||Grant checks mailed|