How can I get help identifying weeds on my property?

There are various resources available to help you identify noxious weeds and develop a weed management plan. The Pitkin County Land Management Office has a variety of publications available for you to pick up if you would like a hard-copy.

Many resources are available on the web:

Land Management staff are also happy to visit your property and help you identify plants in person. Contact the office at 970-920-5214 or email Melissa Sever.

In the summer, the Pitkin County Weed Advisory Board leads several weed ID tours throughout Pitkin County. In the winter, they often host indoor plant seminars at local venues.

Show All Answers

1. What is a noxious weed?
2. What is the Colorado Noxious Weed Act?
3. What are the noxious weeds in Pitkin County?
4. Are these the only weeds we need to be concerned about?
5. What if my neighbors don't control noxious weeds on their property?
6. Who pays for weed control?
7. How can I get help identifying weeds on my property?
8. What should I do if I find noxious weeds on my or someone else's property in Pitkin County?
9. I have introduced biological controls to control an infestation. Can the county still require additional control measures?
10. How can I help prevent the spread of noxious weeds?
11. How can Pitkin County help me?
12. Who are the municipal noxious weed contacts in Pitkin County?