I lost my title, how do I get a duplicate?

If the original title has been lost or is considered void by alteration, you may apply for duplicate Colorado title. A duplicate title may be applied for only on Colorado Titles. The owner, agent by Power of Attorney, or legal lien holder may apply for a duplicate title by completing a Duplicate Title Request and Receipt form DR 2530A.
If you have an active lien and have paid off the loan, an original or copy of the lien release is required.

Show All Answers

1. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
2. I have just moved to Colorado from another state; what do I need to register my vehicle?
3. Can I obtain a credit for the registration fees paid for the vehicle I sold?
4. How can I renew my registration?
5. I purchased a new vehicle from a dealership and it is financed. What do I do now?
6. My temporary tag has/is about to expire, what should I do?
7. I have misplaced my registration card or I have lost my tab. What can I do?
8. I lost my title, how do I get a duplicate?
9. Why can’t I find any information here about driver licenses?
10. How do I apply for personalized plates?
11. How do I get a personalized plate replaced?
12. Can I put my vehicle's registration on hold?