What can be done about nuisance raccoons and skunks?

The Animal Safety Department will remove nuisance raccoons and skunks. There must be alternative measures taken before a trap will be rented to a citizen. If all alternative methods do not work, a citizen may rent a trap from the Animal Safety Department. The rental cost is $10 a week (week minimum). There may also be a $70 deposit refundable on return of the trap. The citizen is responsible for setting the trap and catching the animal. The Animal Safety Officer will remove the trapped animal and return the trap to the citizen if necessary. Contact the Animal Safety Department at 970-920-5310 or rere.baker@pitkinsheriff.com.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a leash law in Pitkin County?
2. What are the rules regarding vaccinations in Pitkin County?
3. Are there any particular policies regarding cats in Pitkin County?
4. What can be done about nuisance raccoons and skunks?
5. Who can answer questions about big game wildlife?