What about tax abatements?
Tax abatement petitions are completed by the property owner and are filed with the Pitkin County Assessor for his recommendation, scheduled for hearing by the Pitkin County Treasurer's Office. The Pitkin County Board of Commissioners will consider the Petitions. After the decisions are made at the board meeting, the petitions if granted, are forwarded to the State of Colorado Division of Property Taxation for further action. Refunds, if approved are issued by the Pitkin County Treasurer.

Show All Answers

1. If I have a mortgage, why do I get the tax bill?
2. What do I do if I paid my taxes and my mortgage company paid them as well?
3. If I move what do I do?
4. When and where do I make payments?
5. Why did I get the tax bill for the whole year on a property that I just bought?
6. What if I can't pay on time?
7. How are taxes determined?
8. Why do I have to pay taxes?
9. What do you mean by real property and personal property?
10. Are there any senior tax relief programs?
11. What are Special Assessments?
12. What about food tax rebates?
13. What about Real Estate Transfer Taxes?
14. What is the sales tax rate?
15. What about the use tax?
16. What about tax abatements?
17. How do I protest my taxes?
18. Where can I obtain federal and state income tax forms?
19. Where can I obtain information about other recorded liens existing against my property?
20. What is a deficiency bid?