Business Licenses & Trade Names

Colorado State Business Licenses

A State of Colorado business registration is required to operate a business within Colorado. To register for a State of Colorado Business License, form CR100 (business registration) must be submitted to the State of ColoradoDepartment of Labor and Employment and Department of Revenue. For this form and additional information visit the Colorado Secretary of State's Business FAQs.

Pitkin County Business Licenses

Pitkin County does not require an additional business license (aside from the state license) for businesses operating within Pitkin County (and outside a city jurisdiction).

City Business Licenses

Businesses operating within a city jurisdiction require a state license and may require an additional city license. For more information, contact the appropriate town or city office.
  • Town of Snowmass Village - 970-923-3777
  • Town of Basalt - 970-927-4701
  • Town of Carbondale - 970-963-2733
  • City of Aspen - 970-920-5060

Business Name Registration

Corporations, limited liability companies, general partnerships registered as limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships including partnerships registered as limited liability limited partnerships and trade names register with the Colorado Secretary of State. For additional information visit the Office of the Secretary of State.

Additional business license information contacts: