A renovation of the Senior Center will close the building through the summer
PITKIN COUNTY, COLO. (May 25, 2023) - The Pitkin County Senior Center, 275 Castle Creek Rd., is being remodeled and will be closed May 25 - early September. During the closure, Senior Services staff will continue to provide services and programs to older adults in the community at alternate locations. The popular lunch program will be operational 4 days per week starting June 5 at the Human Services building at 405 Castle Creek Road. No lunches and programming are available the week of Memorial Day.
- PACKAGED HOT MEALS will be available at the Human Services building Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 12-12:30 PM.
- You may take your lunch to go or stay to eat at the Human Services building. Indoor seating and possibly outdoor seating is available.
- Advance sign up for lunch is required: (970) 429-6161
- The Human Services building is located at 405 Castle Creek Rd., the same turn off Castle Creek Rd. as Aspen Valley Hospital. The building is to the left after you turn onto Doolittle Dr.
- Parking is limited. Please consider taking the bus, senior van, bike or walk!
- HOME DELIVERED MEALS will be available for those who are homebound.
- STAFF WILL BE AVAILABLE at the Human Services building, 8:30 - 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, for questions and resource connections. It helps to call in advance, (970) 920-5432.
- FITNESS CLASSES will be virtual or at the Aspen Recreation Center (ARC). The balance class will be at Aspen Valley Hospital (AVH).
- PROGRAMS will be held at various locations – primarily at the Pitkin County Library.
We hope to reopen the Senior Center on September 5, the day after Labor Day! Visit pitkinseniors.com and check out the current Pitkin County Senior Newsletter for updated program and location information.
Questions and more information? Call (970) 920-5432